Saturday, January 10, 2009

Home Improvement

As many of you know, home improvement is a passion of mine as well as a necessity. I thought I'd post a few before and afters of some of the things we've done in this 104 year old house. It turns out I don't have as many of the before pics as I thought I did, I'll have to check Dan's computer.




Our latest project - Dan's really. It's more improved since this picture, he's finished the shelves for the components. He had to move the door frame 16 inches in order for the TV to be centered on the wall. It was a huge project. If he had known, I don't think we would have done it. But it's wonderful now!
This is the during when he had the wall ripped out. I couldn't find a before picture.
What the stairs look like now. This was my project. I surprised Dan with it one time while he was away on a 12 day trip - yes, it took all 12 days. My brother-in-law Nate helped me a little with figuring out how the nail guns worked and cutting a few angles.
This is the during, after I ripped off the carpet and pad
This was the nasty, disgusting, pee-stained by the previous tenants pets carpet that my adorable child was playing on before. I think I made a wise decision.


p.s. I tried to change our opening picture, and obviously i don't know how to get the right size on the picture. If any of you blogging goddesses out there can help, I'd appreciate it!

6 comments:

Megan and Jon said...

Holly I love that you are a tough girl and will tackle a project, AND have it looks awesome when you are done, The stairs are amazing I love the stripes. I still have never seen the clarkston house you fixed up but have heard over and over how darling it is.

Your header--when you upload it under the loading area is a little box you can click, shrink to fit.... That should fix it.

MORE pregnant pics..

Casey Hyer Photography said...

Mad skills! good job guys.

Deidra said...

It looks so great! You are so motivated, how are you feeling...and yes I too would like more pregnant pics.

Denise said...

Looks awesome. I can't wait for super bowl sunday! Yes, I own Queen of Camelot. I will bring it on Wednesday to the wedding. Are you coming?

Ericka said...

You know I love your home improvement projects...we really should start a business together someday! I too would love pregnant pics but I have a sneaky suspicion that you still don't look pregnant because you are so tiny! You know I'm just jealous!

Tyler and Katie said...

Those stairs look great, better get everything done before the babes come, for some reason you don't feel loke projects after that:) When do you find out the sex?