Wednesday, July 1, 2009

At home with twins!


Well, life is indeed crazy. I never imagined the kind of time it would take to try to feed these little ones. I feel like a cow, but it will get better. Dan is truly amazing. He's turned very domestic. He does all the laundry, dishes, diapers, baths, Ellie to bed. He never sits down, even when he has a chance, he's tidy-ing up the house. He actually gets restless like me now if he is sitting. I can't believe how completely he has stepped up to the plate. Last night when I was so tired I couldn't see straight, he burped and bathed the babies after I fed them, put them to bed, cleaned the house - including vacuuming, bathed and put Ellie to bed, and still managed to check on me, bring me pain pills and make sure I was okay. I just have to brag about my wonderful thoughtful amazing husband for a bit. I love him more and more each day. I am so lucky to have a partner like him in all of this.

3 comments:

Deidra said...

I am so happy for you that Dan just does what needs to be done and helps you out. I think that when babies are little, and life is hectic it is the little things that need to be done that can become a stress. So I am very proud of you Dan......you are such a great guy! You guys are lucky to have each other. Love ya

Angie said...

Hey Holly, How goes the twinner-ness at the Cooper home? I can't wait to come and get some snuggles in! Are you up for visitors yet?

Ericka said...

Way to go Dan! I cannot imagine the stress and demands that two would bring...twice the blessings though, right? :)