Saturday, October 4, 2008

Climbing, Flying, and Boredom




So, here I am, sitting in Newark, NJ, doing what I do best. Waiting. Always waiting - for a flight, for a hotel room, for a ride, waiting for a plan. Right now I'm waiting to go to Oslo, Norway. While sitting here fighting my rising boredom, I decided it was my turn to post on the blog. I've been out on the road for six days with six more to go. I'm looking forward to doing a little bouldering in Oslo, a run in Dublin, and then coming home. Our family had a great summer climbing, traveling and relaxing. Holly and I summited Mt Rainier for the second time via the Gibraltar Ledges route, and we had a great family vacation in Jackson, WY.
Last weekend before I left, Holly and Ellie and I met up with Scott, Maggie, and Casey for a climbing trip down to Maple Canyon. It was so much fun! Holly climbed hard and Ellie, after wearing herself out by rolling in the dirt numerous times, went to sleep in her pack 'n play at just the perfect time to allow Mom and Dad to go climb together. While we were there, Casey H. took the Family Portrait in this post. He is a magician with a camera. To see more of his stuff go to www.caseyhyer.com or click on the link to one of his blogs below. We finished the day off by eating fantastically fat hamburgers and fries before retiring to Casey and Alisa's house for the night. (Thanks for having us over guys!)
While I'm gone on my Continental sponsored adventures, Holly stays busy hiking, running, teaching, and most importantly, momming. Ellie is so sweet and beautiful, and definitely keeps Holly busy. Holly is truly a superwoman for dealing with all of the responsibilities of home during my long absences. Thank you honey! It looks like I've managed to make it through another wait! :)
See you all again soon.

7 comments:

Breinholt Gang said...

it is true. Dan is a professional Waiter!! You do wait a lot. Well, I hope your run and climb go good. Kandy

Casey Hyer Photography said...

That was fun having you guys down. Come back anytime.
So don't forget to eat the amazing Strawberries, and look for some Norwegian chocolate with Orange and toffee and cornflakes. It is amazing! If you find it, bring me back a bar or two. I love Norway!

Megan and Jon said...

No wonder you (Holly) can run so fast you train by hiking huge mountains with a kid on your back? My word do you ever stop.. Speaking of which she is adorable and has great parents to take her all these places already..

Angie said...

Dan and Holly,
I am so glad that you invited everyone back to your blog!!! I was sad to be missing all of the Cooper News. I love, love, love the family picture that Casey took of you! His photography is amazing!!! Ellie is such a doll. I am so glad that you are loving being parents. She is a very lucky little girl. Love, Ang

Ericka said...

Okay, first of all I think you rock Dan for posting! How I wish Darren would post once in a while...you guys are amazing and we are so lucky to be related! Give Elli a birthday kiss from us! We are sad to miss her party but hope to see you all very soon!

Denise said...

I'm glad you posted too. Brig's pretty anti-blog. In fact I'm banned from posting anything about him. Good thing he doesn't check my blog too often! It was great seeing so much of you guys this weekend. I can't wait till Ava and Ellie are past the fighting over toys stage, then they'll have a lot of fun. Love ya!

Krystyl said...

Can I just say that I love that picture of Ellie? She looks totally at home on a hike with Mommy and Daddy! I admit I don't look at blogs as often as I should, probably because I don't post one... Maybe that's something I should be doing. But so so great to see all of this!! Love you,
Krystyl